Cant read Memory Stick

Snrub 16:25 27 Apr 08

I am unable to read data saved on memory stick. When I try to read it message comes up 'do I want to FORMAT'
Does this mean all existing data lost?

Any ideas please - urgent thanks

recap 16:35 27 Apr 08

No, it just means your system cannot read the stick. Try inserting the stick in to another USB port.

Snrub 16:55 27 Apr 08

Have tried this and also in 2 other computers - still will not read stick but will read other sticks, so fault not with USB port.

rawprawn 17:19 27 Apr 08

Is the stick recognised in Control Panel> Admin tools> Computer Management> Disk management? If it is you could try Recuva click here

tullie 17:19 27 Apr 08

I had this with a USB stick,i ignored it and it displayed contents anyway.I assume youve tried this?

Snrub 17:43 27 Apr 08

Hi tullie What did you ignore?

Snrub 19:49 27 Apr 08

Hi rawprawn

Run Control Panel>Admin tools>Computer Management>Disk management? Shows memory stick healthy. It also shows it is full?

Looked at Recuva but not sure how to proceed i.e. which programme?

Any further thoughts please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:58 27 Apr 08

From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here

Snrub 22:10 27 Apr 08

Tried recovery files but no success.

These files have not been deleted so should be intact. Know memory stick is full and disk management says stick is healthy just cant retrieve any file.

Think the problem is related to memory stick access

Sea Urchin 22:16 27 Apr 08

Back to basics - have you successfully read from this particular stick previously on this PC?

Snrub 01:33 28 Apr 08

Yes have successfully read from this particular stick previously on this PC.

Have managed to recover some of files using Restore Pen Drive this program was supposed to be a freebie, but only to check for files. Had to part with £32 to buy program to recover files. However, it will not recover WORD files for some reason. So only partly successful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…