can't read e-mails

Dave123 15:34 12 Mar 04

When i use outlook express, I get an error message POP ... failure. I am with tesco.net and can read my e-mail directly from the server. I can access the internet ok. I phoned the tesco helpline and they checked my mail settings, all seems ok. if I can't get it to work I'll copy the error message in detail and post again. In the meantime, any ideas. Ta

okijuh 15:40 12 Mar 04

Outlook often does this if you havn't set it up properly maybe you got pop server or smtp server details wrong or username when you set it up. Lets have a look at the error msg. Or Google that error msg and i guarentee it will come up with something, Type in Google, "********* error codes" where the asterisks are your error code and i can assure you it will come up with something.

Dave123 10:59 15 Mar 04

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sorted the problem, my norton fire wall was set to "block-all" for outlook express. No wonder it failed. Not sure how the firewall got set this way, it could have been me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…