Can't read the DVD

tnelis 14:42 07 Feb 09

I don't know if this is a common problem, but I'm struggling with Windows.

I've got a folder of files and I'm looking for something I seem to have deleted.

I have a back-up DVD that dates back before the time (last year) when I deleted the info, but when I open that folder on the DVD it gives me the latest version of the folder, the one on the hard disk. It's like the computer is saying "you don't want the old folder, mate, you want the new one. It's much better".

I made a flash drive copy of the folder and then put the original in the bin. Then I reinserted the DVD and tried again. It told me the folder was in the bin, but could be read if I retrieved it.

What sort of back-up is that? And do you know any way of overriding it?

The Mac is saying the DVD is unreadable.

Perhaps the computer is saying there's something wrong with the DVD but doesn't want to own up to it.

Any thoughts?

eedcam 18:51 07 Feb 09

Hi You could try Iso buster or cd roller neither are free but yuo might at least find if the file is recoverable with the trial
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…