can't read 4 G B memory

ken1949 18:11 14 Feb 09

My son is running windows X P, for xmas he had a new camera with a 4 GB memory card. The problem is his X P windows cannot read this size card, my question is: is there any way of making X P read this size card? Yours Ken

Charence 18:24 14 Feb 09

Try to click here. Maybe you need to get the mentioned update?

How are you trying to read the card, via camera or a card reader?

m800afc 01:46 15 Feb 09

If you have a Poundland shop nearby, you can buy a reader for erm...£1
I just put the card into the reader and the reader into the USB of the computer. Is is only a reader, not read/write, but does its job splendidly.
Remember, for photographic use, always format the card in the camera.

tullie 02:33 15 Feb 09

If the computer cant read the card via its own card reader,it wont read it if you attach one.

Bagsey 10:15 15 Feb 09

Has his computer got USB2 and has he got a HD card reader. If not he cant read the 4gig card.

Bagsey 10:17 15 Feb 09

Sorry should have said SDHC card reader not HD.

ken1949 20:14 14 Jan 10

My son is running windows X P, for xmas he had a new camera with a 4 GB memory card. The problem is his X P windows cannot read this size card, my question is: is there any way of making X P read this size card? Yours Ken

isca2 20:27 14 Jan 10

I have XP (sp3) and use an inbuilt card reader ( pc is 2 years old ) and it reads my 2Gb, 4Gb and 8Gb SDHC cards. I am not aware of an "HD" card reader ! I am using USB2 so perhaps your system only has USB1 which may be the problem. Have you tried the Hotfix that Charence refers to ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:46 14 Jan 10

High Capacity SD cards cannot be read in older card readers, it has nothing to do with windows or USB1.1 or USB2.
Quite simply you need a new CARD reader that can rad High capacity cards

Some of the later printers can read the cards.
Or connect the camera to the USB port and read the card direct off the camera.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…