can't publish site to web

trigger2 10:45 01 Feb 04

hi
i i've just compiled a web site using serif web studio se, i'm with ntlworld and got a domain name through their sister company netbenifit.com,
however i seem unable to launch the site!
i'm a complete novice and find the information required in the serif web publishing dialog box very confusing!
ie what to put in the ftp address and folder boxes, netbenifit have supplied various passwords, a username, and what ever combination of the above that i've tried doen't work.
(their help line is shut for the week end!)
can anyone help please...in idiot proof language !!
thanks

Sheila-214876 17:07 01 Feb 04

What ftp are you using?

trigger2 17:59 01 Feb 04

soory to be so dim ...but how do i tell

Forum Editor 18:38 01 Feb 04

will normally be the same as your domain url, so if your site is called mynicesite .com you would publish to: www . mynicesite .com (I've left spaces to stop my words turning into a 'click here').

You'll be publishing to a folder on your web space, and that may well have been set up by your host - sometimes it will be called 'HTML'. If there's no folder there, don't worry, just publish to the FTP address. As soon as the server hears your knock it will prompt you for your username and password, and then Serif Web Studio will be allowed in to publish the files.

stlucia 13:35 04 Feb 04

Just a small point: I also struggled with various combinations of usernames, site names, etc. when trying to publish my first site, and I recall that my publisher (Terrapin FTP) and/or web host (Freenetname) required me to put "click here. mynicesite ..." instead of just "www....".

stlucia 13:37 04 Feb 04

I'll try again: That 'click here' was "http: // www . mynicesite ..." (without the spaces).

trigger2 23:28 04 Feb 04

thanks all its now on the web ok!
however i have a new problem....see my new post...
"help with editing published pages"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017