Can't print from word 2002

nickyjane 17:37 18 Sep 03

Hi guys. Can not print anything from word 2002 or note pad. can print info for web. os is xp keep getting two messages when I try to print a letter.

1. printer spooler service not running.
2. Spooler sub system app has encountered a problem and is shutting down.

Any ideas. Thanks

simongy 17:44 18 Sep 03

You could try and un-install your printer and then install again!! What kind of printer have u got?

nickyjane 17:49 18 Sep 03

printer is epson photo 810. have already tried that twice.

Diemmess 17:49 18 Sep 03

I don't think this is a Word problem.

Can you print a windows test page from the printer dialogue in Control panel?

nickyjane 17:58 18 Sep 03

Diemmess. No. but can still print from web sites.

Diemmess 18:07 18 Sep 03

A bit out of my depth with XP, but if you cannot print a test page from Windows, I feel there is a troubleshooting "Help" attached to that option in case of bother there.

Diemmess 18:21 18 Sep 03

Have just had a look at my own printer in control panel - I right clicked on the printer and clicked on properties.

If you click on the details tab, there is a huge variety of options to play with. I suggest you start by looking at the settings you see there in case anything is obviously nonsense, and then look st spool settings ---- you could do worse than use the defaults unless (unlike me) you know better!

There are also port settings on this page, I hope you find the answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…