can't print with windows xp

Hi

Have recently rebuilt pc and upgraded to windows xp (from 98se)I now find that I can' print anythig, all documents are stuck in the print que. It will not print from command prompt, I have downloaded the latest drivers from Lexmark (lexmark 3200 printer) still no joy.

Any sugestions

Indigo 1 21:06 11 Jan 04

Got to start menu then printers and faxes and make sure the printer you are using is "ticked" and all other printers are not.

Yes it is ticked

Indigo 1 21:07 11 Jan 04

I should have said, Make it the default printer.

Indigo 1 21:10 11 Jan 04

go to properties , advanced and make sure it is always available. Also make sure that "start printing immediately is selected.

TommyRed 21:10 11 Jan 04

Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes and then as above. HTH TR

TommyRed 21:12 11 Jan 04

Sorry you've posted whilst I've been typing, one finger typing is more accurate but slower. TR

Indigo 1 21:14 11 Jan 04

Also under Start menu> ControlPanel> Printers and Faxes>Properties /go to Ports and check the correct port is selected.

Thanks TommyRed I forget that not everyone sets up XP like me.

Yep done that stil zilch

Indigo 1 21:23 11 Jan 04

I'm running out of ideas now, have you checked for updated drivers for XP and printer ?

ALso worth a try is BigFix from click here it may help to set up XP or at least inform you of any issues.

The only other thing I can think of is check in Device Manager for any conflicts (Start menu>Control Panel>Adminstrative Tools>Computer Management>Device Manager, look for any yellow exclamation marks or question marks.

Sorry I can't help further.

gudgulf 21:30 11 Jan 04

You could try going into printers and faxes,selecting your printer and opting to remove it.Then restart the computer and windows should detect and reinstall the printer. Might achieve sod all ,but with a fresh install of the drivers,who knows??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…