Can't print saved Word documents

jaygee77 14:37 18 Apr 05

If I create a document in Word 2000, save it and then print it there are no problems. However if I close the document and then open it later and try to print it the blue title bar flashes and the computer locks up. Repeated use of Ctrl/Alt/Delete finally gives me the option to end task.
Documents creates in Works and saved as works give no trouble. If I create them in Works and save them as Word 2000 then the problem occurs again.
How can I print the Word documents should I need further copies?
This problem has only become apparent very recently. Have I got a virus? I use Norton and keep it up to date.

rawprawn 15:04 18 Apr 05

Is there "Detect and Repair" if you click on Help, if so run that. I am not sure as I use Office 2003 Pro.
Have you scanned using your AV and perhaps Adaware.

rawprawn 15:06 18 Apr 05

I mean is there Detect and Repair in Word 2000.

Diemmess 17:35 18 Apr 05

This is pure fancy but a corrupt Normal.dot (normal template) is often at the heart of many troubles with Word...... At least it costs only a little time to try..

Close Word, search for and find Normal.dot then delete it....... If the Gods are with you, the next time you open Word it will make a brand new Normal.dot and behave itself again.

VoG II 17:37 18 Apr 05

Norton? click here

Diemmess 18:03 18 Apr 05

You find (good) answers for everything! But then I have avoided Norton products since I stopped using Windows 3.0

rawprawn 18:28 18 Apr 05

One can only try.

jaygee77 20:03 19 Apr 05

It seems that my Norton 2002 antivirus is affecting Word. Of course Symantec no longer support my version by phone or internet. Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…