can't print over network

I have a network with wired xp machine to 3 com router. Have another PC(Win200) and a laptop(Win 98) both wireless. All works ok, can share documents, move stuff round network access internet etc.

There's an Epsom Photo printer wired to the xp machine. I have set it to "shared", but I can't seem to see it or get to it from either of the other machines. I can print directly from xp machine. Any ideas on how I can print from the wreless machines?

Forum Editor 19:51 09 Jul 05

Take a look at this:-

click here

mgmcc 16:13 10 Jul 05

1) Connect the printer to the “client” PC, as though it were to be used with that computer, and install it. This ensures that it has all the necessary software/drivers on board.

2) Reconnect it to the "host" PC and, in its Properties, set it as "shared". In the client’s "My Network Places" (or Network Neighborhood), the printer should then appear as a shared resource of the "host" PC along with any shared folders. Double clicking the printer in the remote PC should automatically install it as a "network printer" in the “client”. This means that the “client” now has the same printer installed twice – once as a “local” printer and again as a “network” printer (with a bar under the icon to indicate a network device). If you are always going to print via the network, you may want to set the "network printer" as the default.

Otherwise, have a look at this Microsoft article. It is an old article written for Windows 95, but the basic principle for installing the network printer should still be valid.

h_t_t_p_://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141839

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…