Can't print MSWorks spreadsheet

Creditman 22:06 26 Mar 04

Print command suddenly fails to work on MSWorks spreadsheets (in Windows XP). After the print dialogue box appears & I click on Print, a blank page appears under the file heading followed by "program not responding". Printing works fine on all other MSworks files & other applications. I thought all the data was lost since I could not open the relevant folder from My Docs - but it all came up as normal when I opened it from My Recent Docs in Start menu. Any ideas on this please ? (I did send reports to MS when prompted, but does this ever produce a result ?)

Diodorus Siculus 19:55 27 Mar 04

MAybe a reinstall of Works may help...

Creditman 21:59 27 Mar 04

I'd like to do that but since it was preinstalled I don't have a disc !

wee eddie 22:03 27 Mar 04

I have not used Works for years but I seem to remember that with a Spreadsheet you need to define the area that you require printed.

VoG II 22:08 27 Mar 04

If click here
doesn't help, which version of Works and which printer?

Creditman 09:55 28 Mar 04

The MS advice refers only to HP Laserjet on Windows ME or 98. I am using HP PSC 2115 on Windows XP & Works 6.(The print area does has to be defined & I always do this). I find the problem disappears if I reboot, but it returns now & then without any apparent reason. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…