Can't print Excel sheets correct size

The Belarussian Mafia 15:01 28 May 05

I'm using Excel for the first time, so forgive me if this is a basic mistake.

I'm trying to print a file created by someone else (-actually a lecturer, so it is a bit complex - which may or may not be relevent). The print preview is fine: two sheets, each one filling a separate page. Unfortunately, when I actually print, I get two tiny versions of the two spreadsheets on one page, not two, and to make matters worse, the orientation is wrong (landscape even though the preview shows portrait). I've checked the printer preferences, and that is set to portrait.

I've tried the online help, which mentions a couple of features in the print setup ('adjust to' and 'fit to'), but this just messes things up entirely.

Any help will be very much appreciated, although I'm just leaving the house and will be out until late this evening, so won't be able to answer any questions until about 10:30 pm. Thanks.

VoG II 15:06 28 May 05

If you go into File/Page setup, Page tab and tick Portrait and Fit to 1 page wide by 2 tall it may print as you want bit to.

The Belarussian Mafia 15:12 28 May 05

VoG™ - Thanks The orientation is now correct for some reason, but the two sheets now print in one sheet, and they are still the same size. It appears as if the printer is unaware that there is more than the top quarter of the page, as the bottom of the sheet is transposed to a second column to the right. What a wierd programme this is for someone who has never used a spreadsheet!...

VoG II 15:20 28 May 05

This sort of thing is difficult to diagnose via the forum. I can take a look at the file and try to see what's going on if you like.

I'll send you a message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…