Can't Print Due To Internet Explorer Script Error

naissonej 20:08 26 Jan 07

Can't Print Due To Internet Explorer Script Error

I wonder if anyone can help please

I can't print out my correspondence that I receive in Outlook Express. When I click on print a box comes up stating Internet "Explorer Script Error etc. the message ends with do you want to continue running scripts on this page? yes or no" I've agreed to both of these options and it still won't print.

I can print in other programmes.

This error message first appeared when I attempted to print out a web page directly from the Internet, I thought it was just one of those websites that won't permit you to do this so I was surprised this message came up in outlook express and is preventing me from printing, the message doesn't come up in word and I can print as normal.

I'm unable to printout all my business correspondence in outlook express so I'm desperate to rectify this asap please also please bare in mind that I have only basic computer literacy!!!!!

naissonej

VoG II 20:10 26 Jan 07

Start, Run, type

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

and click OK.

naissonej 21:16 26 Jan 07

Hi,

I've done exactly as stated, the Regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\Ole32.dll message box comes up it states " Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Where do I go from here please?

VoG II 21:20 26 Jan 07

Are you logged into an account with administrator privileges?

naissonej 21:39 26 Jan 07

I don't know

I've already declared that I possess only basic computer literacy, please could you advise using idiot proof instructions as to how I find out this information

lotvic 20:51 27 Jan 07

Am I an Administrator?

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts

a new window opens, read what it says next to your name

VoG II 21:02 27 Jan 07

I don't know how many versions of this now exist click here

lotvic 21:13 27 Jan 07

Awww Bless...

I remember when I didn't know that you had to click on 'Start' to close the computer down......

fancy a pint VoG™ ? (I'm buying)

naissonej 21:18 27 Jan 07

It seems I'm the computer administrator and with my computer administrator account apparently I create, change and delete accounts, make system-wide changes and install programmes and access files

I restarted the same question in the Absolute Beginners Forum as I had mistakenly put it in to the wrong section initially and had received no more replies up until now so if you are seriously interested in helping please use the new link

p;3 00:52 28 Jan 07

click here duplicate thread

p;3 09:37 30 Jan 07

I am hoping that FE will close this thread to prevent duplication of advise;

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…