Can't print doc's from second user on XP

nick_j007 13:17 15 Mar 07

Hello all,
My daughter has a second account set up under XP. It seems that she cannot print when logged in. I can send a doc. to the shared doc's file and then print it from my admin user though.

She is also getting an error upon first start up and change of accounts that may in fairness have nothing to do with it:
It reads 'Error Loading CTMBHA.DLL'

Hope you can throw some light on this.

Nick

nick_j007 00:27 17 Mar 07

Hi again.

Anyone please?

Cheers

Taff™ 11:07 18 Mar 07

CTMBHA.DLL' is related to your Creative Labs SBaudigy sound card and completely unrelated. Suggest you visit their website and see if they offer any assistance with it or download the latest drivers.

With regard to the printing problem I would suggest you go to her Printers and delete the offending one and then add it again. That usually sorts it out.

Taff™ 11:10 18 Mar 07

click here for Creative Support and use the AutoUpdate tool or select yur soundcard automatically.

nick_j007 11:11 18 Mar 07

Nice. Will follow that up early next week now.

Much appreciated!

Nick

Taff™ 16:36 19 Mar 07

Let us know!

nick_j007 16:43 19 Mar 07

I have been working on this, but to no avail so far.
Deleted printer, did a restart whereby it recognised it as new and set up again.

No change:-(

It's set as the default printer in the control panel too. When I press the print icon when in my daughter's user I can see the printer icon bottom right of my screen for nearly two seconds then it disappears again, with no printing.

It all works as expected when logged in as my user.

Strange.

Hope you have some other ideas! She could do with it working as expected for her home work here and there.

Thanks again,

Nick

Taff™ 08:42 20 Mar 07

If you go to printers and faxes from control panel and double click the printer you should see a list of documents awaiting printing. Drop the Printer Menu and cancel all documents. (If there are any let us know) Close the dialogue box.

Now right click the printer icon and select properties. Can you print a test page? If not follow the troubleshooting wizard.

nick_j007 09:22 20 Mar 07

Hi again Taff, thanks for keeping an eye on me ;-)
There were no doc's waiting to be printed, and so I shall follow the troubleshooter there later today.
I did try this before though. It would not print fron Notepad either, and I recall getting a bit lost at the Run command stage.
Just to clarify a few things too:
The printer itself runs fine on my admin user account, the printer is shown as ready to go in my daughter's account, it seems to look as though it will print, but just stops there with no further action.

I'll try the wizard again later and report back.

Cheers,

Nick

Taff™ 08:09 23 Mar 07

Couple of other suggestions. Is the printer "shared" under the sharing tab? If your daughter is not an administrator account i.e. Limited what happens if you temporarily give her account administrative rights?

nick_j007 13:58 23 Mar 07

Yes it is shared; how do I temporarily give admin rights please?

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now