Can't play videos on the Windows Media Player??

Damo1977 13:39 06 Oct 08

Hi Guys,

My laptop usually opens Realplayer as the default media player when watching video files. That was until about a week or so ago when I attempted to open a .wmv file I received on an e-mail.

When I double clicked onto this file, it opened up the Windows Media Player, but before the video started the player just closed itself down again!?

So I have to save the file first and then right mouse click onto the file icon and choose to 'open with..' and then click onto the Realplayer.

Why is the Windows Media Player not working?

Why is the Windows media Player now opening as default and not the Realplayer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Damo

eedcam 14:52 06 Oct 08

Have youtried Right click >open with>scrolldownt to choose programme >real player and tick always open this type

Damo1977 15:27 06 Oct 08

Thanks eedcam, the files now open straight up with Realplayer.

But I am still slightly confused as to why my Windows Media Player isnt working??

I'm not sure if this is connected but I have also noticed that on some websites that have videos on, when I attempt to watch the whole of my internet and any open windows all close down!!

Any ideas why anyone??

provider 2 15:43 06 Oct 08

Windows Media Player closes unexpectedly?

click here

peter99co 16:21 06 Oct 08

I had Realplayer and I unistalled it because of the way it takes over. Since then I have had to fix all kinds of problems with WMP and it still refuses to run video from DVD,s

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…