Can't play my music

nerawan 10:32 15 Dec 05

A few months ago I recorded all my CDs using WMP 10. It looks I didn't pay much attention to the settings . Now I have a new PC . I want to play my music that was compressed in wma but every time it tries to open IE to get a license. At the moment don't have internet at home. Is there any way to listen to my music without getting this annnoying license?. Thanks

CLONNEN 11:18 15 Dec 05

The only way to get them to play is to convert your music files into a non-protected format such as MP3 - I find Audio Conversion Wizard to be best for this (a demo version is available for download if you want to try it out).

If you go into the Windows Media Player settings you can untick the box which automatically protects all your copied music so that you don't get this problem with future redordings.

CLONNEN 11:21 15 Dec 05

Sorry - just noticed you don't have internet on your afflicted machine. You may be able to find a music converter program on one of the PC Advisor cover disks but some programs won't do protected WMA files which is why I recommended Audio Conversion Wizard (it was the only program I could find which would actually do this type).

dogbreath1 15:07 15 Dec 05

It may be a pain, but you could rip the music again into .mp3 format using click here

Freerip is an excellent piece of kit with the ability to set rip kbps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…