cant play music cd's

teknikz 22:58 07 May 04

just bought 2 cd's from a shop, and i want to put them onto my pc so i dont lose them or incase i scratch the discs.....but when i try play them on my pc they wont work....nor when i explore the cd's will any files show up....they work on a hifi just not my pc...is there any way around this?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:03 07 May 04

'The CDs are designed not to play in personal computers as a deterrent to digital copying. Each CD comes with a small warning label: "Will NOT play in PC/Mac". click here

G

Mikè 23:06 07 May 04

You will need to consider the copy protection that may be used on each cd. Copying a protected cd can be done, but this forum is not the place to discuss it sorry.

teknikz 23:10 07 May 04

well its not like i want to copy it for any illegal reasons.....i thought that u were legally allowed to make 1 copy of anything that u owned as a back-up incase the original got damaged.

its a bit annoying really as i play all my cd's on my pc not on my hifi

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:11 07 May 04

'i thought that u were legally allowed to make 1 copy of anything that u owned as a back-up incase the original got damaged'...not in the UK although you can in the States.

G

teknikz 23:13 07 May 04

ohhh right....i thought u could do it here too....always the way with us in the UK puttin up with crap from laws n regulations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…