Cant play games properly

cadena 20:23 10 Jul 05

Hi.... this problem started just a few days ago out of the blue.....I play Neopets and for some reason cant play some games.
I go to click "here" on the game page and it says my security settings are not letting me play the games, well this has surprised me as I have not done anything to warrant this, my computer is new, but I have notice that my Broadband speed has increase. I notice on the notice boards ( while trying to see if anyone else had the same problem ) that since this person`s upgrade she been unable to play any games, but her reply to her question did not work for me, can you please help........thanks

I did go to the search forum to find a query like mine to save bothering you guys but it did not take me to the appropiate site.

Cadena

octal 20:48 10 Jul 05

It might be your firewall blocking it. I think some games require certain ports to be open when you're gaming. Just as an experiment you try disabling the firewall temporarily and see if you get the same problem.

cadena 20:59 10 Jul 05

Yep I have done that, in fact I think I have done about every thing I can think of and in the process have had to restore to a back date, as I am no computer wizard, just a bit knowledgeable thanks to you guys in the past.

Ivor_Monkey 21:52 10 Jul 05

So is it running now after restoring to an earlier date?

I don;t know the game, but this link click here

might be useful coz it shows that someone has established a fix if you have Norton and have a similar problem.

Also check the game's website. They may have a forum

cadena 22:38 10 Jul 05

no its still not running even though I restored to an earlier date, which I thought would solve it..........wrong!
I have not clicked on to the links you gave me yet, but I have just allowed or permitted click here .com into the box in Internet Properties, I have also contacted the web site but it does take a time till you get an answer, they are not as quick as you guys, but this is what I get when I try to play games. I will now click onto the links you gave me and see whats in store for me !!

ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

Click here to see some tips that might help you fix this problem.

Jaro 22:42 10 Jul 05

what is the error u get when u try to play the game ?

cadena 23:03 10 Jul 05

Security Settings for Norton Interent Security 2004
This is the site you sent me too and a good one too apparently I am not the only one
Bring up NIS 2004 and click on Status & Settings. Click on Ad Blocking. Click on Advanced. There is a list of web adresses on the left side of the screen. You want to add NeoPets to that. Click Add Site and key in click here. Click OK. Now scroll the list down to the new neopets address and click on it. Then click the User Settings tab on the right. Change the settings to permit cookies and pop-up ads.

That should do it, but if you still have trouble, try changing the Global Settings tab to allow information about visited sites.

Finally, if you still have trouble, be sure that your browser is configured to allow cookies and pop-up ads.
March 11, 2004 @ 21:21:40
=================================================

cadena 23:03 10 Jul 05

Security Settings for Norton Interent Security 2004
This is the site you sent me too and a good one too apparently I am not the only one
Bring up NIS 2004 and click on Status & Settings. Click on Ad Blocking. Click on Advanced. There is a list of web adresses on the left side of the screen. You want to add NeoPets to that. Click Add Site and key in click here. Click OK. Now scroll the list down to the new neopets address and click on it. Then click the User Settings tab on the right. Change the settings to permit cookies and pop-up ads.

That should do it, but if you still have trouble, try changing the Global Settings tab to allow information about visited sites.

Finally, if you still have trouble, be sure that your browser is configured to allow cookies and pop-up ads.
March 11, 2004 @ 21:21:40
=================================================

cadena 23:11 10 Jul 05

sorry it got sent twice for some reason....wel I have just tried that and that dont work, why oh why do these web site starts messingn around or if something is going to change then tell us.
I dont know what else to do as they will lose alot os custom as I am on it all day, so may be I should join the site you got for me.....................where do you find them, you can find just about anything except GOLD,,,,

A BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS, HAVE A DRINK ON ME!
That will quench your thirst.

cadena 23:24 10 Jul 05

ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

This what I keep getting, I cant get my head around why all of a sudden the games stop working when it has been compleletly fine up till 3 days ago, and I can not keep clicking this and that as I could some damage and still not get anywhere.
Though my Norton security is overdue for renewal and I am not going to renew as its too expensive.

cadena 23:24 10 Jul 05

This what I keep getting, I cant get my head around why all of a sudden the games stop working when it has been compleletly fine up till 3 days ago, and I can not keep clicking this and that as I could some damage and still not get anywhere.
Though my Norton security is overdue for renewal and I am not going to renew as its too expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…