Can't play games over network. Any Idears?

Dearersteak 15:09 05 Apr 03

I'm trying to play Red Alert 2 and Tiberian sun. Both games are made by westwood. Now i've played over the internet many times before ect, and the network works fine, but neither game will reckoins that there is a network there. It just reads IPX adapter not found.

I have all the updates on both machines, One a Laptop running XP home, the other is running 98.

Westwood don't have anything on ther site about it.

Thanks?

fitshase 15:47 05 Apr 03

It appears that those games use the IPX network protocol. The most common network protocol is TCP/IP (which I suspect your network might be running on).

You will need to add the protocol in your network neighbourhood.

As for configuring it, I have not used the IPX protocol but I'm sure there is a network whizz out there who will sort you out.

Regards

Fitshase

Dearersteak 15:52 05 Apr 03

well, the game is TCP/IP or IPX compaterble, and i am running TCP/IP on both machines. thats whats got me so confused, i've done a networked game befor at a mates house, but the games just don't pick up the network on my two machines

vinnyT 16:26 05 Apr 03

Hi, if it's coming up with 'IPX adapter not found' then maybe this is the default and you have to configure the game to use the TCP/IP (prob. under network). Hope this helps.

Dearersteak 17:39 05 Apr 03

theres no options in the game to us TCP/IP insted, theres a box that u apear to chose your adater from, but all it displays is, IPX not avalible

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…