CAN'T PLAY GAMES

So i recently bought a new computer the windows start up okay

but when i run rome total war is saids

rome.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

This happens to all games
does anybody know what is the problem

brundle 22:23 25 Jul 07

More info required; version of Windows, hardware spec (CPU, memory, graphics card), your antivirus software, version of DirectX....

windows xp pro
amd athlon 64 x2 6000+
2x1024 ddr2 667 kingston ram
intergrated x1250 256 shared
80gig maxtor hard drive
zonealarm security suite
Directx 9 i think how do you tell

Starfox 12:18 26 Jul 07

Click on start, run and type- dxdiag -into the box then click on ok. System tab (at the top) will tell you about your system (obviously) and cliking on display will tell you what graphics you have.

Kate B 12:25 26 Jul 07

I suspect your graphics is the problem - you don't have a separate graphics card, do you?

keef66 12:41 26 Jul 07

Kate's hit the nail on the thumb! You'll need a proper graphics card to play that game and others like it

keef66 14:44 26 Jul 07

Actually the system requirements for Rome look pretty tame and I'd have thought the integrated graphics would run it at low resolution (?)

rdave13 15:53 26 Jul 07

Create a system restore point and download the latest directx update from here. click here

Armchair 16:41 26 Jul 07

No mention of integrated graphics on the back of the box, so you'd expect it to run okay. I'll ask around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…