Cant Play DVD's or Music on D Drive

birdface 17:21 04 Jan 07

Hi, Having a bad day to-day. told off by FE,click here And scolded by Stuarti,click here .Just having a bad day.My problem is that my DVD Drive is not working,So cant play any music or watch Dvd's,keeps saying no disc in drive,Have had a few problems with computer lately,Checked in Device manager, Everything is working ok, Anyone got any ideas,Was following the second click here, But got stuck,

Gongoozler 17:32 04 Jan 07

The drive can show as OK in Device Manager, but if the laser is faulty it will not play disks. I suspect that may be the problem.

birdface 17:33 04 Jan 07

Sorry first click here did not work,It was about Microsoft Security Codes,Someone wanting to know if he could get them, and being called a thief, Just thought it was a bit severe,There are folk out there with very little or no money,and I dont think that they should get ripped apart the way they did,I understand that what they were looking for was illegal,But could have been said with a bit more Tact,click here

Stuartli 17:33 04 Jan 07

I haven't scolded you(!) - see second thread link (your first doesn't work in that it goes to the main Forums page).

I presume you have checked all the leads and cables for firm fitting as well as Uninstalled your drive in Device Manager and then rebooted?

Usually this kick starts a drive by reinstalling the basic Windows CDROM driver after Finding New Hardware.

birdface 17:42 04 Jan 07

Hi , Thanks for that, If that is the problem,What would be the remedy,I will say that although computer is almost 4 year old,It has been used very little for this ,I did delete WMP11 about 2 weeks ago,Also Deleted WMP10 2days ago,But get bombarded with updates from microsoft for up-dates for Media Player,Just kept saying could have problems with security if Up=dates were not downloaded,What they have to do with security I dont know ,But got fed up with them poping up all the time, I have now gor WMO11 back again,

Stuartli 17:47 04 Jan 07

>>What they have to do with security I dont know >>

They will be essential for a number of Microsoft products including Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.

You can read why, for instance, the December updates were issued and for which MS operating system at:

click here

Stuartli 17:49 04 Jan 07

You can't fully uninstall Windows Media Player, only revert to a previous version, as it's part of the operating system.

birdface 17:51 04 Jan 07

Hi,had done all that ,And still never worked,Was following skidzy's instructions,But when it got to Upper+lower Filters, They were not on it,All that I could find on therethat may have helped ,was [Default]That was CD_RW 52xMax. And [Class] Which was DVD Rom 16xmax.So did not know if I was supposed to delete them, Then you gave that other chap advice, He Deleted his Upper+lower filters, And I was just asking where to find them,

birdface 18:00 04 Jan 07

I Follow you so far with your Updates,But if you dont have WM player on you computer, You still have to download the up-dates,Is this there way of making you use there Media player instead of one of your choice,

Stuartli 18:00 04 Jan 07

Actually it was skidzy who provided the full advice with regard to the filters - no credit is attached to me...:-)

To be honest I've never come across the need to remove filters as I've never suffered such problems, even though I've used and installed/uninstalled various versions of Nero for the past six years.

birdface 18:03 04 Jan 07

Ok,Sinks in slowley,Wonder if thats what went wrong with mine,I Just deleted anything to do with media player,got so fed up with it,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…