Can't play DVD's

stan chester 17:07 28 Nov 05

I have an all singing and dancing CD/DVD drive. Put in a DVD, but doesn't play. Then I decided I must need a PLayer so i downloaded Cliprex DVD player. Even after waiting ages for it to load,still can't see anything. Can anyone help please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:12 28 Nov 05

Have you loaded the drivers for the player?

Can you see the player in device manager?

Are there any exclamation marks against the player in device manager?

stan chester 18:11 28 Nov 05

Sorry but I don't know where to look for the drivers. Is device manager in multimedia? If so i can'find the player there

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 28 Nov 05

Start - settings - control panel -system -hardware -device manager

GaT7 18:40 28 Nov 05

Cliprex is riddled with spyware click here.

Use the free (& spyware-free) Media Player Classic instead click here. G

kenamb 19:45 28 Nov 05

Try downloading Jetaudio , its free and plays dvd very well , cracking picture and sound.

MAJ 19:50 28 Nov 05

Do any of those free players include a DVD decoder though? Because stan chester will need one installed to play DVDs as Windows doesn't include one.

stan chester 23:41 28 Nov 05

Thanks everybody. I will dump Cliprex and tryMedia Player with a DVDdecoder. I'd better keep this thread alive though until I get these to work.

stan chester 20:49 30 Nov 05

Still having trouble with this. Can't get media player to work either. Saya it needs something else (which seems to be unavailable) to work.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally-braindead 20:57 30 Nov 05

I'm not being funny here but you'd really find it far easier to buy a copy of PowerDVD or WinDVD and use that, I can see you'll end up running in circles. Its not worth the hassle. click here

Totally-braindead 21:00 30 Nov 05

If as some of the others say Clipex is full of spyware then download adaware and do a full scan to make sure you've got rid of any spyware that may have been left when you deleted Clipex. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…