Cant play DVDs

Stowit 11:46 24 Jul 04

I purchased a Dvd player/Cd writer several months ago & had not tried playing a Dvd until recently. It came with some Nero software. When I tried playing with Nero or Win media player, & after some advice decided I hadn't got any 'codecs' I down loaded some (not saying from where) but now get the message 'Showtime can not play selected video whilst other applications are in pause etc, please close.' Nothing else is trying to play it. Trying with Media player I get........its encountered a copyright problem. (It reads that there are X number of chapters though, also the disc title appears in my computer) I downloaded & tried Power Dvd. It started to play the initial copyright stuff, then gave a warning message something about Tv out port being enabled, & now is saying copy protection cannot be enabled. I'm sure it's all software problems, but don't know where to start. It's a genuine disc, & I have Genuine XP os & geniune win on dvd (not tried) & nero software. Any pointers , please.

jonnytub 13:37 24 Jul 04

download the free divx codec from click here then run adaware from click here and run it to get shot of the harmless but irritating spyware that comes bundled.

Stowit 20:37 25 Jul 04

Thanks jonny, I'll try shortly, I'm not on that pc as I've just got other problems hence my next post!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…