Can't play DVD films

oresome 20:01 01 Oct 03

Have just upgraded to a DVD rom drive and GEEFORCE4 MX440 graphics card with PowerDVD XP4.
If I try to play a commercial copyright protected film, error message "The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly. This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled." Error code is F4D41436

How do I disable the TV o/p. Windows 98 reports the card to be working correctly and the Geeforce menu provides no clues.

mark500 20:26 01 Oct 03

The solution is to download and install older NVidia driver(s)...

The 41.09 and future drivers have more stringent checks in the driver to comply with the latest Macrovision requirements. If the TV encoder does not support Macrovision, you will get the "Macrovision Distribution Failed" error message or a similar message depending on which DVD software player you are using. The BT868 and Conexant CX25870 TV encoders do not support Macrovision. If your graphics card is equipped with one of these TV encoders, then it will not support DVD playback with the 41.09 drivers and above."

oresome 21:54 01 Oct 03

Thanks Mark. Prior to reading your mail, I have just downloaded the latest drivers for my card and the problem is now solved so far as playing on the VDU. Although I presume the TV out has been inhibited.............just as well I don't need this feature. I'll try your advice if I ever need it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…