Can't play CDs after failed burn in Nero

Grendel 20:04 23 May 06

This is actually a problem with my Denon CD player rather than my PC. Nero failed to burn a CD successfully (as does sometimes happen) however I decided to confirm that by inserting it into the CD player, as I've had false failed to burn error messages from Nero before. The CD had failed to burn completely though; only half of the tracks were playable, so Nero was right. However the CD player will no longer recognise any other CDs at all; it tries endlessly without success to find the track information. Ejecting shows the tell-tale fast spinning CD characteristic of laser problems. I've inserted CDs which have failed to burn in Nero completely into it before without any subsequent problem. Lens cleaner makes no difference. The player is quite old but has worked perfectly until now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 23 May 06

In device manager uninstall and reinstall the drive.

If that makes no difference then unistall and reinstall the IDE channel (secondary) the drive is on.

Stuartli 21:19 23 May 06

It sounds as though your Denon CD player's laser might have gone kaput (I presume you are talking about a player and not a CD-ROM drive).

You can buy top brand CD players for around £50 these days from Toshiba etc.

Totally-braindead 06:35 24 May 06

If you try an original CD player on your Denon and it still doesn't work and the cleaner doesn't help then I'm afraid it has had it and needs replaced.

Stuartli 10:18 24 May 06

>>You can buy top brand CD players for around £50 these days>>

I meant, of course, DVD players which also cover CDs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…