can't play any games after monitor reinstall

Prisine229 00:20 31 Dec 08

I've reinstalled my monitor recently, downloaded latest ATi drivers and tools etc, but noticed none of my games now launch. BF2, Steam games etc.

I done a system restore to when I installed most programs, but now it seems as if the games can't find my monitor to use.

Please help

rdave13 00:36 31 Dec 08

Have you connected your monitor to the right socket? At the back of the PC make sure you're using the connector from the graphics card and not from the motherboard.

AL47 00:53 31 Dec 08

reintstalled a 'monitor' do you mean graphics card?

is it only games?

Prisine229 11:40 31 Dec 08

I have not unpluged my monitor

I have reinstalled the graphics card yes, I uninstalled the drivers and cleared it out then re done it all.

Yes running desktop and everything is fine.

Thanks

donki 14:46 31 Dec 08

Is the desktop running at the native resolution to the monitor, assuming u have a flat screen?

Prisine229 17:19 31 Dec 08

yes my desktop resoulution is the same as what the screen should and has been set as ever since I got it

Technotiger 17:32 31 Dec 08

The Monitor has nothing to do with the problem of games not working. If you did a System Restore *after* you reinstalled the graphics card, then you have undone the latest Drivers for your Graphics card.

Solution - re-download and install the latest Drivers for your graphics card from the Makers Site.

Prisine229 16:56 01 Jan 09

I have done this, but now the games appear to run in Task manager, then just end at the point where it should turn the screen black and launch the game

canarieslover 17:05 01 Jan 09

Try going back to the original drivers that came with the graphics card. If they worked previously then they should work again now. If they don't then you may have a problem with the graphics card itself.

Prisine229 19:34 01 Jan 09

Left4Dead and various other steam games work.
I've tried changing the properties so its launches 1280 x 960 that's the maximum for bf2142

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…