Can't open Splash.jpg

Graham ® 19:40 03 Jul 04

Whilst having a clear out, I mistakenly uninstalled InterVideo WinDVD, a program for viewing DVDs that came with my HP PC.

A System Restore got it back, but now on starting the program I get the above message. Clicking OK or X does not close it, and as it keeps refreshing, task manager can't end it until it times out.

Have done a SFC, nothing found. I posted on the Helproom, but no takers so far. I'm posting on here because I believe this may be a website term.

Any help appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 17:47 04 Jul 04

Can you reinstall the program?

Splash.jpg is often the name given to the image used as a splash screen when a program opens up. Try creating an image (or remaning one as splash.jpg) and put it into the folder with the rest of the program. Can't do any harm I suppose...

Graham ® 18:46 04 Jul 04

I can't re-install as it is bundled software. I will try putting a photo in the folder, though, as a temporary measure, but I won't get any buttons.

I'm trying to download a new skin from click here, but they must have turned it off for the weekend!

Pauper 20:32 04 Jul 04

Graham, just did a search for the location for this file and it comes up as follows:

c:\Program Files\InterVideo\WinDVD4\Skins\WinDVD 4\Video Window

(or as appropriate for your system/version).

If you want I will send you a copy of the file - or, as you say, just chuck anothr pic in there with the correct name and see what happens.

Graham ® 20:50 04 Jul 04

Thanks, I had a look for it myself previously, but it's not there. Will resume in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…