Can't open Properties on my Hard drive?

Johnti 16:21 21 May 03

I run Windows 98 SE - all seems generally fine. However, if I open My Computer, right click on the hard drive C (13GB) and then click on Properties, the screen goes blank followed by the dreaded “blue screen”. This indicates a fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:00000009. Pressing any key returns everything to normal.

I have checked the device manager file, run Dr Watson, MS System File checker and Norton Utilities none of which identify there is a problem. Can anyone please advise how to correct my C drive Properties read error?

keith-236785 17:23 21 May 03

WAIT A WHILE BEFORE DOING THIS AS SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT HAVE AN EASIER ANSWER.

all i can sugest is to reinstall windows over your present installation, this puts back any damaged or missing files without the need for reinstallation of all drivers etc. anyone else got any ideas before this step is taken

Johnti 19:47 21 May 03

Thanks for trying to help "Paperman 27" but I should have said I had already reinstalled Windows over the top. This didn't cure the problem, in fact I've also noticed that the same error message occurs when I attempt to look at Properties of all other drives A. E and D.

Johnti

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…