Can't open program - Serif Photplus 6

GroupFC 20:00 24 Oct 08

I have XP home and I am having a problem trying to open this program. Whichever way I try to open it I get the following message:-

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permssions to access the item."

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but get the same response.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Technotiger 20:05 24 Oct 08

A long-shot but try running click here in its default settings. Then re-start PC and try Photoplus again.

GroupFC 20:11 24 Oct 08

Thanks but I used that after I uninstalled the program to clear out any remnants so I don't think that's the answer! Thanks for trying tho'!

Technotiger 20:17 24 Oct 08

Is this any help ... click here

GroupFC 21:03 24 Oct 08

I don't get the security message on the properties general tab, but having had a trawl I am beginning to wonder if it isn't something to do with one of my security programs.

Technotiger 21:31 24 Oct 08

Or perhaps quite simply, your Internet Security settings?

GroupFC 22:51 24 Oct 08

Well I have sort of fixed it.

I use the free Comodo Firewall Pro (3.0.25.378)and I think that my son, when he was using Photoplus answered the firewall request incorrectly, and in effect blocked the application. By setting the "Defense+ Security Level" to disabled instead of the default of Safe mode, I have been able to open Photoplus!

All I have got to do now is work out how to alter the settings within Comodo, so that I don't have to do this every time I want to use Photoplus - but that might be for another post!

Technotiger 08:33 25 Oct 08

I guess you are right - I don't use Comodo, so I can't advise you in that respect. Plenty others on here do though!

Cheers.

johnincrete 14:38 25 Oct 08

If you have a purchased version of any Serif program, you will find their Tech Support very good and with a quick response. But you have to access it via their web site - ordinary email won't work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac