can't open outlook xp attachments[says unsafe]

david.h 15:23 26 Oct 04

how do i unlock the xp office outlook attachments restriction.

I know we had threads on this before but the search option in the form does not seem to be working

Completealias 15:28 26 Oct 04

In Outlook Express 6 its in

Tools / Options / Security

Then theres a tick box for do not open attachments that could be a virus. Should imagine it would be in roughly the same place in your version. Hope this helps

woodt 15:28 26 Oct 04

Something like Tools/Options/Security

TimCDC 15:29 26 Oct 04

go to tools, options, security and uncheck the box "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Guess you ought to be confident of your AV protection first!

david.h 15:38 26 Oct 04

I have gone tools-options-security-where do i go from here can't see the option!

TimCDC 15:40 26 Oct 04

In outlook 6, the top half of the box from tools, options, security is headed "virus protection". For me, its then the second check box, beneath one about warning when other applications try to send mail as me.

PsiFox 15:41 26 Oct 04

There is a box on the security tab that is probably ticked with the words"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened.............etc"

Untick it click apply then ok and robert is your mothers brother.

Psifox

aph 16:17 26 Oct 04

have a look here
click here

david.h 16:34 26 Oct 04

click here

thanks everyone for the fast retun of help and advice. i downloaded the add on as shown above which was on the link offered by aph.
all working ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…