Can't open Outlook express 6

modomarketing 17:26 13 Jan 09

Outlook express 6 keeps hanging on the blue initial page when using XP and Mozilla. Have ended MSImm.exe in task manager and found Netropa Hot key which I have ended. Then restarted and the same thing happens.
Can somebody please help here?

wee eddie 17:45 13 Jan 09

While allowing that a few Luddites are still using OE6, it leaves you very exposed to infections, many of us are ready to shortly move onto OE8.

Maybe time to install OE7.

modomarketing 17:59 13 Jan 09

I think you are probably right, but I am currently trying to retrieve my mail, do you think there is any way of clearing it so that it does open?

isca2 19:27 13 Jan 09

There is no Outlook Express 7 ! You are talking about Internet Explorer whilst the thread is about Outlook Express, which is in version 6. Not sure about the reference to Mozilla as the email client is independent of whatever browser is used. When did it last work ? Do you have a restore point that you can try ?

modomarketing 19:33 13 Jan 09

I have tried this, going back to Friday of last week, but still did not work. It only started this morning

isca2 19:39 13 Jan 09

Can you get into the Web Mail in your Internet Provider's web site ?

isca2 19:42 13 Jan 09

Also have a read of this article and consider trying some of the suggestions out, especially the re registering of the files
click here

modomarketing 20:02 13 Jan 09

Yes I have access to webmail via the Internet. However I have 4 account names on OE. I only have 1 on the webmail.
Thanks for the link I'll check this out.

wee eddie 23:13 13 Jan 09

However OE has gone, hasn't it?

Sea Urchin 00:20 14 Jan 09

OE is now Windows Mail

brundle 00:23 14 Jan 09

Just install Thunderbird and import all your mail, any version of OE belongs in the 90's - no spam detection? No phishing detection? It is precisely the sort of people who use the "bundled with the OS" applications that need the most protection from the more underhand aspects of the internet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now