Cant open new window .

curlylad 01:05 12 Nov 04

This query is further to Terrylr's subject WED 10.11.2004 titled 'IE Window being reused?!' This topic I believe was not satisfactorially answered and because I have a similar problem I will re ask.

If I am on a web site and click a link to go onto another site , or start , run , then enter a new web site address and click OK , the web site I have on screen at that time changes to/becomes the new web site I have requested , a new window doesn't open so basically I can only appear to have one window open at a time.

How do I configure my browser so that I can open multiple windows and not just keep reusing the same one , this is very annoying.

All help appreciated as ever.

Djohn 01:32 12 Nov 04

Give this a try click here curlylad

Smegs 01:47 12 Nov 04

click here If you can make head or tail of this. Good luck.

curlylad 01:49 12 Nov 04

Tried all that matey but sadly no cigar , thanks anyway and keep 'em coming .

curlylad 02:00 12 Nov 04

Thanks for that , I think (lol)

Can anyone decipher Smegs link for me to explain where I need to be looking to check that info ?

curlylad 23:37 12 Nov 04

<*))))><3

curlylad 13:09 13 Nov 04

woodt 16:29 13 Nov 04

What happens when you right click on the link and select open in new window?

woodt 16:31 13 Nov 04

Or better still switch to Firefox which has Tabbed Browsing

grey george 16:57 13 Nov 04

Hold down control and press N, a new window on the same page will open . You can then direct either window to a new site.

Graham ® 17:54 13 Nov 04

Do you not get an indication in the taskbar indicating how many IE windows are open?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…