Can't open .jpg files in windows mail

cagey 10:45 04 May 09

Running Vista and Windows Mail. When I receive an email with an attachment containing a jpeg file, I can't open it direct by clicking on the paper clip, but can save it and then open it ok but that's longwinded. There must, surely be a way of opening it by clicking on the paperclip, can anyone help please?

Technotiger 10:55 04 May 09

It is not meant to be opened directly from the Paper-clip ... it is normal to have to save it and then open it.

The sender could, instead of adding the jpg as an attachment, add it as an Insert to the email - that way you would see it straight away when you open the mail.

ened 11:42 04 May 09

I'm not sure I agree with you.

I use Windows Mail and all attachments which are jpegs appear in the main body of the message.

Likewise with my on-line accounts.

cagey Have you tried looking down the page before you click on the paper-clip?

VoG II 11:51 04 May 09

Try this click here

cagey 11:56 04 May 09

Technotiger, thanks for your reply, however I know that with Windows XP and Outlook Express, when you click on the paperclip the file will open to show the jpeg file without having to save it. I thought there must be a method for doing this in Windows Mail.

cagey 12:08 04 May 09

VoG™, thanks for your reply, I have followed your link and it works a treat. I thought there must be remedy. Thanks everyone for your replies, I'll mark this one as resolved.

Technotiger 12:16 04 May 09

I stand corrected - or perhaps that should be 'I sit corrected' .....

I must get out more :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017