Can't Open Excel Attachments

Large JD 18:09 20 Jun 06

Hi there,
I am trying to solve a problem on a friends laptop. For some reason he can't open excel attachments (Excel is installed). Everytime he tries the following message appears.

(windows cannot find 'c:\documents and settings\brian\local settings\temporary internet files\content .IES\WJVRY41H\Ealing quote.xls`.
make sure yoou typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.)

Not sure how relevant it is, but I know he has renamed the Brian's Documents folder, to Chris's Documents.

XP home edition

Please can PCA give me an idea how to solve this problem

Regards

Chris

SANTOS7 18:12 20 Jun 06

Change it back, see what happens..

Noldi 18:46 20 Jun 06

Not sure I would think VOG is the man for this.
Is the attachment you are trying to open via a short cut icon then renaming the folder would not help. So I search would for Ealing* and see if you can find the attachment then right click and open with Excel.,
Noldi

Simsy 16:13 21 Jun 06

clicks "OK" does Excel continue to open?

Does it always show the same message? That is does it always refer to, ...Ealing quote.xls`. or does it depend on the attachment he is trying to open?

Can he open Excel by itself, without trying to open an attachment?

If so a work round would be to save the attachment somewhere, then open Excel, and open the saved file from within Excel.

I'm assuming the problem occure when he tries to open the attachment by clicking on the attachment within the email?

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…