+++ CANT OPEN DOWNLOADS +++

pcdimwit 20:39 31 Jan 11

I am trying to download realpalyer to my Asus netbook, I download the programme and then right at the very end of the installation process I get a window cmes up with a big red cross that says: Realplay.exe - unable to locate component, and "this application has failed to start because MSVCP90.dll was not found....., try to reinstall, OK.... but of course it wont re-install, my question is: does anyone know what is wrong here and how I can enable the netbook to open downloaded programmes, obviously its doing this for all sorts of programmes. thanks PCDIMWIT

northumbria61 20:48 31 Jan 11

Check that you haven't accidentally deleted by looking in Recycle Bin. Then go through the checklist here click here

birdface 20:51 31 Jan 11

maybe give the free version of Malwarebytes to see if it finds any problems.
or try command prompt and type in sfc /scannow if using w/7 you do not need the original Windows Disc but using XP you may be asked to insert the Windows disc for it to run.
Or try a system restore to a time when it was working ok and see if that helps.

northumbria61 20:54 31 Jan 11

Sorry that was for MSVCR90.dll but fix is just the same for MSVCP90.dll - see here also click here

pcdimwit 10:50 01 Feb 11

hi Buteman, run the malwarebytes scaner and the CCcleaner scan and those have come up fine, am going to try and try this otgher solution from Northumbria61, but it only opens another type of registry scanner called Uniblue, but thisuniblue is one of those "con" probgrammes that only fixes 15 of the multitude of found issues, I dont know what to do now,,,,, PCDIMWIT

woodchip 12:15 01 Feb 11

You could have a look hear click here

northumbria61 12:21 01 Feb 11

You are obviously using a different OS to me (Win7) or I could have sent you the MSVCP90.dll

Unfortunately I only have MSVCP60,and 70-71-80 on my system. Maybe soemone else could help you out with this if need be.

woodchip 12:21 01 Feb 11

If you look in Windows Explorer you will find in the Sxs Folder loads of the files that are different versions, in other words slight modifications are made for each program that needs it Under Windows\Sxs

woodchip 12:23 01 Feb 11

Mine is XP home

woodchip 12:25 01 Feb 11

When I did a search it only showed two files but there is in fact loads loaded

woodchip 12:28 01 Feb 11

Just checked yes there is only two in all the folders with that file name, both have different file sizes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple