CANT OPEN DISK?

pooperscooper 19:02 27 May 07

Hi, I have a cd-r that I keep some of my files on, I have opened it many times before but all of a sudden it wont open. I have many important files on it so I am desperate to open it, any suggestions? My computer will open other disks so it isn't that what has gone wrong, the only thing that I have done to it since I last opened it was added some files but I do this on a daily basis and it has always been ok up until now. I am using xp home...Thanks

brundle 19:05 27 May 07

give it a clean, scan it with CDCheck; click here

STREETWORK 19:07 27 May 07

Open my computer and right click the drive and select eject.

If this fails you may be able to ease it open using a thin knife just to encourage it by leverage... only do this if you are sure you want to...

STREETWORK 19:07 27 May 07

did you mean the drive door will not open?...

pooperscooper 19:08 27 May 07

Hi, I have already cleaned the disk and now I am trying your program..I will let you know in a min......Thanks

wee eddie 19:17 27 May 07

You didn't close the last session.

pooperscooper 19:24 27 May 07

Hi, I am getting "cycle redundancy check", does this mean that I can't recover any files?????

brundle 19:27 27 May 07

It means damaged files, you could try it in another PC in case it's your drive failing,

pooperscooper 19:38 27 May 07

i HAVE ALREADY TRIED IN IN MY LAPTOP AND IT WONT OPEN IN THAT EITHER, HOW CAN it get damaged? I have used it 4 ot 5 times with no problem? does cycle redundancy check mean that I cant get at the files?

brundle 19:43 27 May 07

Unfortunately it's always best to assume a worst-case scenario with important data, regular backups and/or duplications are the only safeguard.
You can get at the files, but the data will be corrupted.

pooperscooper 19:46 27 May 07

Thats what I was doing "reular backups" and now I hav lost it. How can I be sure in the future that my back-up disk is OK then? or should I do a back-up of a back-up so to speak....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced