Can't Open 'Click Here'

Bapou 23:38 10 Jul 05

Logging in here today I find opening a 'Click Here' is not possible. A right click, copy and paste the url from Properties is the alternative. Bit of a nuisance this route, am I alone?

If it is my end how do I rectify this please? I run my Spyware progs plus AVG every day nothing untoward showed up there. Can't think of any other reason.

Buchan 35 00:01 11 Jul 05

The only thing I can think of is that the PC Advisor site is so llow. I`m on dial up.

octal 06:58 11 Jul 05

Is this a recent occurrence or has it always been like that? If you are using IE try right mouse clicking on the link and select open in new Window. I can't seem to find a setting in IE to make that the default action on opening links.

Lionheart ? 08:01 11 Jul 05

Try here click here a VoG tip.

VoG II 09:22 11 Jul 05

Or try click here

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

without the space after //

Bapou 14:43 11 Jul 05

No joy so far, tried Vog's Explorer Fix tool, it said ok but still no Click here opens.

Went to the Microsoft link from Lionheart's link and the first - regvr32urlmon.dll thingy ended up with a "can't find" message.

Will try Microsoft's other advice later, if that does not work eith then we'll see what a reinstall of Explorer does for me.

Octal - Yes it's a very recent occurrence, was ok until switching on this morning, never had any bother prior.

Thanks all for responding, it's appreciated.

VoG II 14:49 11 Jul 05

Microsoft's instructions are a trifle confusing. What you have to do is

Type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

and then click OK.

Bapou 22:48 11 Jul 05

Thanks VoG, have just tried urlmon.dll again - message was, 'succeeded' - came back on here and still not able to open click.

Cannot understand this as it's the only hiccup in everyday surfing. Links in an OE or message webmail open. Can to an fro between all subjects here. Click Here is the only stumbling block. Unfortunately the Registry is unfamiliar territory to me, very reluctant to try altering things. I can live with it, just a nuisance going the long route around.

Bapou 22:48 11 Jul 05

Thanks VoG, have just tried urlmon.dll again - message was, 'succeeded' - came back on here and still not able to open click.

Cannot understand this as it's the only hiccup in everyday surfing. Links in an OE or message webmail open. Can to an fro between all subjects here. Click Here is the only stumbling block. Unfortunately the Registry is unfamiliar territory to me, very reluctant to try altering things. I can live with it, just a nuisance going the long route around.

woodchip 22:55 11 Jul 05

if you use IE click here

Bapou 23:45 11 Jul 05

Cheers woodchip, will sleep on this, back again tomorrow, in a better frame of mind, hopefully!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…