can't open the case

zafira 13:49 13 Sep 03

Help. I bought an old compaq deskpro which has worked well for what I wanted, but now I neeed to change the graphics card and I can't open the case.
It looks as though I might need to remove the front, there are two little semi-cicles to depress, but nothing moves and I don't want to pull too hard!

Jester2K II 13:55 13 Sep 03

Have you got a model number??

krypt1c 14:31 13 Sep 03

Yep it's the 2 little semi-circles that lock the case. I had something similar some time ago and as I remember it you need to depress both buttons and slide the top backwards - but it's not very user friendly ;-)

Stuartli 14:32 13 Sep 03

The front of the case, most likely made of plastic, should be able to be pulled free, probably from the bottom.

You will then have access to the screws holding the cover(s) in position.

Jester2K II 14:34 13 Sep 03

Sounds difficult? Try a bigger hammer!!

Any joy?

Djohn 14:37 13 Sep 03

click here Does it look like this? j.

Djohn 15:45 13 Sep 03

Received by mail the message below, so if someone can click on my link to see the case, might be able to advise. j.

===========================================

Yes. It's a compaq deskpro EN series

muppetmark 16:37 13 Sep 03

Looks similar to the Viglen used to be in our office at work, try pressing the two semicircular buttons and slide the cover & top forwards, gentle pressure on the cd drive face helps.

Gaz 25 18:11 13 Sep 03

Its like alu cases, I wish they were easier.

Mind you all these companies dont want you going inside.

I seen one company put locks on the case, mad!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…