can't open attachment

pomerian 14:22 PM 31 Dec 11

I have Windows XP home edition and I think IE7 a Friend has sent me some pictures as an attachment to an email but I can't open them when I try screen shows ;- In blue at top of window, C/documents and settings\Temporary internet files\content.IE5\SWY... in window, This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the folder Options control panel. I don't know what that means, I should like to get the piotures can anyone help please.

northumbria61 14:30 PM 31 Dec 11

The attachment requires a Program File Association (ie: it needs to know what to open it with) Follow this LINK enter link description here

pomerian 17:14 PM 31 Dec 11

It says it is a microsoft slide show what do I do now ?

KRONOS the First 17:19 PM 31 Dec 11

What do you mean by You think a friend sent you some picture. Did a friend send you picture or not. You will have heard of spam and viruses I am hoping.Make sure the pictures have actually come from a friend before trying to open them.

northumbria61 20:13 PM 31 Dec 11

Cronus - read it again. I think what pomerian is saying is I have Windows XP home edition and I think IE7 but then goes on to say a Friend has sent me some pictures as an attachment

pomerian 10:07 AM 02 Jan 12

northumbria61 that's right forgot to put a comma after IE7. would still like to see the pictures any ideas anyone

Graham* 11:02 AM 02 Jan 12

Do you have PowerPoint program? Right-click on the attachment and select Open with, browse to PowerPoint.

iscanut2 11:16 AM 02 Jan 12

Why not ask your friend as to the format used ? Ask what program was used to create images and then you will know what program you need.

pomerian 11:25 AM 02 Jan 12

Problem now fixed have installed Power Point Reader from Microsoft site thanks for help

Graham* 11:31 AM 02 Jan 12

Worth a green tick?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…