Can't open any attachments with email

capricorn45 00:22 27 May 06

Hello

Every time I have an attachment in an email and try to open it, a box comes up saying wordpad has caused an error in mswrd 832.cnv, wordpad will now close,it tells me to restart computer. I have restarted computer but it still comes up with the same message and I can't read any attachments.
I would appreciate it if anyone can help and let me know what I need to do to solve it. Thank you.

anchor 09:50 27 May 06

What sort of attachments are they?.

VoG II 09:53 27 May 06

See the suggestions click here

Do you have Microsoft Word - if so which version and which version of Windows do you have?

palinka 21:34 30 May 06

starting from basics - have you actually opened the email itself? (That's not the same thing as reading it in the preview pane)You can't open an email from the preview pane.
Assuming you use Outlook Express, when the email with an attachment arrives there will be a paperclip symbol at the start of the "From/Subject" line in the In Box. Double click somewhere on that line to open the email and now the paperclip will disappear and above the email message there will be the subject line and also one called "Attach". In that line there will be an icon for the attachment and you double click that icon to open the attachment.
I'm puzzled about the reference to wordpad "every time", so as anchor says, what sort of attachments are they? Is the icon a wordpad one? or Word? or what?

palinka 21:35 30 May 06

sorry - second line should read ".....you can't open an attachment from the preview pane..."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…