Cant open Acrobat 6.0, Windows Journal Message

Mark8882 16:13 15 Jun 04

I have installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 on my WIN XP PRO machine but every time I click to open the program an MS Windows Journal Viewer message appears containing the following information:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

"Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi in the below box"

I have tried getting the data from the XP PRO CD with no luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated??

SANTOS7 10:33 16 Jun 04

click here this may help, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling acrobat 6

hunt1 10:57 08 Jul 04

I've just solved a very similar problem by simply removing the Windows Journal Viewer program. It was supplied as a download by Microsoft last year to let you read journals prepared on Microsoft Tablet XP machines so most people don't need it.

Specifics of my case:
XP Home on standalone PC set up for several users. When I updated to Acrobat 6.01 reader, it worked fine on my account apart from refusing to integrate with IE. However it failed everytime on my wife's account as per Mark's description above.
On investigation found that the same problem occured if launching the Journal Viewer on my wife's account. Following deletion, no further problems.

Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…