Can't make a new folder - Win 98 SE

hwm 16:35 04 Dec 05

The option to make a new folder is missing from my Windows Explorer drop down page from the File button on the Explorer bar. Has a virus removed it? Anyone know how to reinstall it or identify which file I may need to recover it from my installation cd using SFC (file checker). Sfc doesn't indicate any problems.

VoG II 16:54 04 Dec 05

Do you get a New Folder option if you right click in a Windows Explorer window?

csqwared 17:02 04 Dec 05

When did it go missing? Have you tried going back to when it was there? i.e. running scanreg/restore from ms-dos.

woodchip 17:07 04 Dec 05

Put your Win98 disc in comp and from run type SFC then press enter

Wak 19:17 04 Dec 05

If you repair Internet Explorer it will also repair Windows Explorer.
Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ System Information/ Tools and run the first item in the drop down list, i.e. Repair Internet Explorer.

hwm 17:37 05 Dec 05

Many thanks to Wak, Woodchip, Csqwared and VoGtm. I tried Wak's suggestion and it did the trick. A wonderful response.

csqwared 18:14 08 Dec 05

You may have seen a few posts on here about people not ticking threads when they're resolved....did you forget? :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…