Can't Logon as Main user

fabrica 11:40 27 Jun 08

Yesterday my Vista computer failed to start, and the start repair wizard got me up and running, but today I cannot Logon as the main user. I have tried to user "Restore" but I cannot remember my administater password to continue with the restore programme. I can open the guest logon, but i cannot get to my Emails etc. Help please

crosstrainer 12:01 27 Jun 08

You can try this:

Use the Forgotten Password wizard via the User Accounts Control Panel to create a password reset disk for your account. Store this disk or removable USB device in a safe place.
- Create a password hint for your account.
- Write down your username and password and store it in a safe location."

Control Panrl > user accounts > Forgotten Password Wizard

splatter 12:17 27 Jun 08

If you can only logon as a guest then you WILL NOT be able to do what crosstrainer suggests.

One (long winded method) is to download click here and burn it to a CD then restart and boot from it. Select the option to boot into a Windows pre-install enviroment. It will take around 5 minutes to start up. Once thats done there is an application called locksmith which can recover your password for you. I forget where it's located, however if you hunt around on the start menu you will soon find it :)

fabrica 12:57 27 Jun 08

Thanks crosstrainer, but as splatter says I cannot access the forgotten password wizard as a guest, "Splatter" I cannot see on the download a Vista version.

I would like to add that as I try to log on as main user. this "User profile service failed on logon. user profile cannot be loaded" is there a way to rectify this condition.

Thanks again

crosstrainer 14:22 27 Jun 08

Sorry, misread your post....The only way to do this is to make changes to the SAM database, before downloading the Vista version of the software in the link, read through it carefully.

I'm afarid that it's not 100% guranteed to work, but it's your only option.

click here

crosstrainer 14:23 27 Jun 08

If this does work, create a password rescue disk when you have regained access to the PC!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…