Can't login in Safe Mode

splinternet 15:07 30 Oct 05

Trying to login in Safe Mode, but Windows won't accept my user/password combo. It tells me to check them, along with the domain name. But there is not an input field for the domain name (whereas there is in normal log-in), so I can't see what domain name it's trying to use.

stalion 17:20 30 Oct 05

why do you want to log in in safe mode?

splinternet 17:31 30 Oct 05

IE crashed and invited me to submit an error log to MS, I said 'yes'. After it had finished the transmission, I was presented with a Microsoft Online Crash Analysis which told me a workaround is available; the crash was probably caused by IE trying to access a corrupted file, so I need to logon again in Safe Mode and delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history. It says I need to do this in Safe Mode as some files which cause errors aren't automatically detected by Windows, but can be detected if I start in Safe Mode.

VoG II 17:33 30 Oct 05

Run CleanUp! click here

It won't delete everything but when it has finished scanning it will prompt you to restart to delete files that are in use by Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…