Can't log on to Tiscali

Halmer 09:39 14 Dec 03

I have a modem and pay as you go account with ic24.

On my lad's PC I installed Tiscali on a pay as you go basis. The internet seems a lot quicker on my lad's PC than it does on mine even tho he has ME and I have XP.

So..........

I have tried to set up the same Tiscali account on my PC without success. I have used the Wizard which seems relatively simple and am fairly sure that I have set everything up properly, password, user name etc but I just get a 'Error 690' which indictates a invalid password. I have spent about twenty minutes on the phone talking to Tiscali at 50p a minute and they have checked every setting including the password but I still can't connect.

Can anyone help me please?

Halmer 10:00 14 Dec 03

Error 691 sorry.

I have just tried the password starting in lower case as well without success.

Diodorus Siculus 10:06 14 Dec 03

What about username: this has to be correct also or you will get a bad password message.

Check what format the username should be.

MAJ 10:07 14 Dec 03
  Halmer 10:10 14 Dec 03
  Diodorus Siculus 10:14 14 Dec 03

Halmer - it is correct if it is your email address for that acc. Depends on how you signed up.

Try with lower case initials.

MAJ 10:15 14 Dec 03

If that's the username you created when signing up, then yes, that is the correct format. Are you sure you used Christian.Surname rather than ChristianSurname?

Stuartli 11:04 14 Dec 03
  Stuartli 11:07 14 Dec 03

Another possible reason could be that there are more than one subscriber with your surname, so it could be Christian1, Christian2 etc.

Stuartli 11:08 14 Dec 03

..should read: "there is more than..."

Halmer 12:42 14 Dec 03

but I can't spot it.

I've checked every setting on my lad's PC and checked it to mine and yet it still wont connect.

I've decided to open a plus.net account up instead.

It's set up OK and Ive received confirmation biut does anyone know how I actually set up the name of my e-mail address from the detail below?

We can confirm that your PlusNet account details will be as follows:

Your e-mail address will be in the format of
[email protected] where 'anythingyoulike' can be any word
you like (for example your name).

How do change the anythingyoulike to my own name?

Ive been on their website without success.

Sorry if I appear a bit thick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…