Cant log in due to SAM error 0x0c008. HELP please

jon_nic 16:14 22 Feb 08

Hi
I restartd my pc and now i cant boot up as an error keeps apearing "ISASS.EXE... Security accounts manager initialization failed due to the follwoing error: 0xc0000008, the handle is invalid."

I have tryed starting in safe mode, but the same message apperars. I booted via the WINDOWS XP disk and did a Chkdsk but there is no problem found. I have also tried the "last know good configuration" option at start up but still the error persists.
I read on microsoft help site that it may be a SAM corruption but there is no specific help regarding this error (0xc0000008) and the initialisation failure.

how can i restore my PC to allow me to log in without losing anything. I last created a System restore point last week if i can use this perhaps? but i cant get access to the restore wizard.
help is greatly appreciated.
thanks, jon,

brundle 16:15 22 Feb 08

Start in safe mode and try logging on as administrator. SAM corruption means the user profile for that account is damaged, if you can get into the Administrator account,create a new account and transfer the info from the old to the new.

birdface 16:21 22 Feb 08

Or have a look just to make sure its not a virus. click here

birdface 16:23 22 Feb 08

googled.click here=

brundle 16:27 22 Feb 08

Yes, I overlooked the fact that your post states ISASS.exe, the genuine Windows file is LSASS.exe. click here

Virus scan as suggested by buteman

jon_nic 16:56 22 Feb 08

Hi,
I have check the message and is actually "lasass.exe" and so is not a virus. my first post was wrong. it begins with L not I.

I cant log in as administrator (or anybody ) as the message pops up before the welcome screen apears. when i clck the message the system restarts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…