cant log on after virus software finished

anderson1967 21:17 30 Nov 09

my sisters pc had a virus a trogan horse we ran mcafee and it found 5 altogether it fixed 4 but said to restart and scan again. on restart it will not let me log back on.i tried f8 to try to go into safe mode but it will still not let me log in as administator or my log in name. i have tried all the other options in the f8 category but nothing is letting me back in.The pc is one of those mini ones and does not have a cd drive any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

woodchip 23:08 30 Nov 09

Try F5 see if that takes you direct into Safe Mode

anderson1967 11:38 01 Dec 09

sorry no its not letting me in with f5 it keeps loging me off.Is there a way to get it to scan for more viruss witout getting into windows.

anderson1967 12:08 01 Dec 09

Any suggestions as i have to go out soon they would be very appreciated

Belatucadrus 12:36 01 Dec 09

Try the DrWeb LiveCD
click here

User-1229748 13:31 01 Dec 09

avira do a free rescue disk that can be used to boot from and scan for virus's click here

woodchip 13:44 01 Dec 09

You could try creating a boot disc and try the software on it from click here

anderson1967 17:26 01 Dec 09

sorry cant do any of your suggestions as the pc does not have a cd drive.

User-1229748 17:51 01 Dec 09

what pc is it?i think dr web can be run from usb,i'll see if i can find tutorial

Input Overload 17:59 01 Dec 09

I had a similar issue last week with my sisters laptop, no password had ever been used but when I ran A2 it found some Trojans etc.

When the program started to them the PC came up with wanting a password on boot. I have a program that can remove boot passwords but running this showed there was no password just that Windows thought there was.

I put this down to malicious software & in the end after much messing around did a clean reinstall. I am of the opinion there is malicious software about that tells Windows there is a boot password when an attempt is made to remove it: However that is just my opinion.

Input Overload 17:59 01 Dec 09

(When the program started remove to them) Sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…