Can't load Yahoo etc.

milligan283 07:43 29 Oct 06

Hi

I recently ran a program on my system (WindowsXP) called Advanced WindowsCare V2 Professional. I made sure that I could go back to my original computer settings.

Ever since running the programme I can no longer load Yahoo messenger although MSN messenger works. I can no longer run Mediamonkey, Mozilla Firefox, and Bit Comet. But can run the full Mozilla and Bit torrent.

I have taken the programme off my system after reversing what I had hoped was the programmes interferance with my system but i'm affraid it has made some changes to Windows which I'm not expert enough to reverse.

Any help would be appreciated

Milligan283

harps1h 08:06 29 Oct 06

go to system restore. to do this go to "start/control panel/performance and maintainance/system restore. then choose a date before you installed the program and that should put you back to a position where Yahoo will work.

milligan283 14:39 29 Oct 06

Thanks for the help but I've tried the system restore with the programme that caused the trouble and windowsxp. Its as though the registry has been altered in some way to reject certain programmes from loading or running.

harps1h 19:26 29 Oct 06

i would then try re-installing the faulty apps

milligan283 14:05 30 Oct 06

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling programmes. Yahoo althought it appears to load does not appear anywhere on the pc. Its a mystery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…