Can't load Windows 98

dave-196704 16:55 05 Jul 04

I have accidentally deleted an important file into the recycle bin and now, no matter how hard I try, cannot load windows 98. The message I receive is "A required DLL file, MSVCRT DLL, was not found. Does anybody know how I can restore this file without having access to the recycle bin, or how to load the Windows 98 CD?
D.E

ventanas 16:59 05 Jul 04

You can download it from click here

I don't really see why it being absent should stop Windows loading though. Try starting in safe mode and put the file in C:\windows\system

dave-196704 15:14 06 Jul 04

Thanks for the advice ventanas. I have already tried safe mode and scanreg but with no success. It seems the more I try to correct this fault the deeper in trouble I become - am now having problems with something called HIMEM.SYS and can't even do a scandisk. I will take the thing down to the local computer store and let them sort it out. Thanks again for taking the time to look into this. D.E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…