Cant load Photoshop 4

nagis 19:18 02 Nov 05

I have used Photoshop 4 for many years and have loaded it on a number of versions of Windows - including XP which I am using now. After a clean reinstall it won't now load. Setup starts but stops part way through saying that it can't find Disk 3. Looking at the contents of the cd, Disk 3 folder is clearly there with a data file and an ID file. I have tried reselecting the disk in the window which pops up but no good. I have tried copying the disk to my hard disk - no good. Could it be something to do with SP2.
I like this early version as it loads quickly and has all the facilities I need - plus a later version would be expensive. Can anyone throw any light on the problem please.

jack 19:47 02 Nov 05

Check Winodw help file - My Computer/[F1]
Type in the field compatability.
This is a DOS based program and XP need a little adjusting to be able to deal with legacy ware as it is called.

nagis 20:45 02 Nov 05

Hi Jack
Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem of getting the setup past Disk 3. I could see that it might help if the program was loaded onto the hard disk but wouldn't run under xp. But the problem is that it will not set up the program at all this time.

nagis 09:59 14 Feb 06

to resolve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…