Can't launch installation of progs. from PC Advisor DVD

Speedy Duck 23:33 PM 05 Sep 11

I have a 'new' Dell Vostro 1510 running XP Pro SP3, and whenever I insert a PCA DVD and click 'Click here to install for Windows', I get an Adobe Reader box up that states "This file is set to be launched by this PDF file. This is currently disallowed by your System Administrator". Although logged on as Administrator, I cannot find where to correct this. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

northumbria61 11:50 AM 06 Sep 11

What version of Adobe Reader do you have installed ?

Speedy Duck 13:13 PM 06 Sep 11

I Have Adobe Reader Version 9.4.5.236 installed. Hope that this helps & thanks.

northumbria61 13:20 PM 06 Sep 11

Download and Install the latest version from here enter link description here untick the option for McAfee Free Security Scan. When installing there will be an option to Get Automatic Updates (or words to that effect) I would suggest you untick that option. If you require an updated version you can always obtain it yourself from the Adobe site.

northumbria61 13:21 PM 06 Sep 11

Also untick the Google Chrome option to install.

Speedy Duck 22:17 PM 06 Sep 11

Many thanks for your help northumbria61 - much appreciated! All now running OK with latest version installed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay